Many industry leaders claim that Inbound Marketing is the ONLY path that leads to success in the 21st century. This has made us ask, can Inbound and Outbound Marketing work together in your 2017 strategy?
Sure, Inbound Marketing has all the benefits of utilizing big data to help create content that real people are looking for in real time. It can help present your business as an authority in your industry, and help build a lead generation platform complete with databases and marketing automation, we have just touched the tree tops of Inbound Marketing success. It will only get better as we hone our skills on how to communicate with potential customers. However, Outbound Marketing has grown brands from scratch for years and will continue to do so…
Even Hubspot, the leader in the Inbound space, utilizes outbound marketing strategies towards the end of the sales funnel to close sales. While the sales team relies on potential customers to sign up for their newsletter and create a free trial account, they will also remain in contact and will call the potential customer to persuade them to sign up for their marketing or sales software. For more on small business marketing, click here...
So what options exist today that are cost-effective and deliver results for small businesses? Whether someone is in the Attract, Convert, Close or Delight stage...we understand timing is everything. Leveraging Inbound Marketing strategies can help small business grow their customer base and save money. What really delivers the best results is the appropriate mix of inbound and Outbound activities that generates the required outcome regardless of the situation a business may find itself in.
Just so you know, there are disadvantages to both forms of marketing. Not many, but here is some food for thought...
Disadvantages of Inbound Marketing:
- Just as Rome wasn't built in a day, moving to an Inbound Marketing platform is an interactive learning process, not a get-rich-quick scheme.
- Content creation and web development can be costly. Since Inbound Marketing is vogue, content developers are in demand. Thus, price per page has increased. Web development with SEO tactics takes a specific know-how and can be expensive, as well.
- Skill set requirements - to succeed in inbound marketing requires skills in website development, blogging, social media, content creation / sourcing and SEO to name but a few. For one person to have all these skills is a big ask hence either more people are required or the process needs to be outsourced and automated.
Disadvantages with Outbound Marketing include:
- Difficulty in tracking return on investment (ROI)
- Increasing blocking techniques (Do not call list, Spam filters, TiVo, etc)
- Higher costs
- Today’s customers are savvy. No one wants to sit through a sales pitch, and people today have become really good at avoiding them.
Depending on the size of your business, Balance Marketing Group can devise a gameplan for success that includes both Inbound and Outbound Marketing.
To understand more on how to maximize the benefits of Outbound and Inbound Marketing, fill out the form below for a free consultation...